Membrane Ultrafiltration (UF) Request a Quote
Ultrafiltration (UF) produces a high quality effluent, devoid of nearly all TSS (Total Suspended Solids), FOG (Fat Oil and Grease) and other contaminates such as Dissolved Metals. It is frequently the preferred choice of filtration after Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) and prior to Reverse Osmosis (RO). The design configuration is based upon the chemical analysis of the wastewater content and the desired effluent quality.
Size can range from 25 to 2500gpm or more. UF filtrate (clean water) can be further treated by RO to take out salt and other dissolved solids. The system can also be equipped with 100% redundant capacity, allowing the plant to continue full treatment even when one skid requires backwashing or maintenance. The entire system is operated by an automated PLC control system.
During the ultrafiltration process, inorganic salts will pass through the membranes and organic matter will be retained on the membrane surface or removed in the concentrate stream.
Key UF System Features
- PLC controlled, touch screen operation
- Redundant system capability
- Factory-tested, skid mounted for ease of installation
- VFD for UF feed pumps to maximize efficiency
- Schedule 80 PVC piping for pressures below 120 psi
- Sample valves throughout for ease of operation
- Automatic membrane flushing with UF filtrate
- Clean In Place (CIP) Chemical cleaning/filtrate flush system included
- Complete O&M manuals
UF System Benefits
- TSS/FOG pre-membrane reduction >70%
- TSS reduction to <2 mg/L
- Non-Soluble BOD reduction to <5 mg/L
- 100% membrane redundancy (optional)
- Less maintenance
- Skidded treatment units for easy installation
UF System Applications
- Process and waste water treatment
- Drinking / Potable water
- Protein concentration / cheese manufacture
- Desalting and solvent exchange
- Enzyme recovery
Do you have an Ultrafiltration (UF) project you'd like assistance with?
Contact Ecologix Systems today for an engineered system quote specific to your requirements.