Dairy Industry Wastewater Treatment
Client Testimonial“We have been very satisfied with the overall install and operational performance of our Ecologix DAF. By far it is the most simple to use and automated DAF system that we have encountered on the market. Ecologix provided an economical turnkey system that has exceeded expectations.” Aaron Riedell, Vice President of Operations at Revela Foods Revela Foods is a diversified food ingredients and processed foods company. Our passion for people and flavor innovation are at the heart of what we do. Our simple approach and efficient systems ensure a seamless, uncomplicated experience from start to finish. Ecologix Environmental Systems has contributed to Revela Foods ongoing mission to harness cutting edge technology in their wastewater treatment operations for the removal of solids and other contaminants (e.g., our cheese dairy production line), by providing Revela Foods with our state of the art Enhanced Dissolved Air Flotation (E-DAF).
Dairy Plant ConditionsThese effluents have the following characteristics
- Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), with an average ranging from 0.8 to 2.5 kilograms per metric ton (kg/t) of milk in the untreated effluent
- Chemical oxygen demand (COD), which is normally about 1.5 times the BOD level
- Total suspended solids (TSS), at 100–1,000 milligrams per liter (mg/l)
- Total dissolved solids (TDS): phosphorus (10–100 mg/l), and nitrogen (about 6% of the BOD level).
- 1 kg of milk fat = 3 kg COD
- 1 kg of lactose = 1.13 kg COD
- 1 kg protein = 1.36 kg COD